For years I have been using the same ol boring leopard print Ionkia flat iron. Little did I know. I was seriously missing out. I would have never imagined that certain flat irons would be better for your hair, nor did it ever cross my mind that they could make my hair more healthy looking. I mean its heat right? If I knew that I would have purchased one of these years ago.
One of my favorite items included with the flat iron is the shine shield. This shine shield works better then any heat serum I've ever used. The serum is a light weight non greasy protectant that strengthens your hair every time you use it. This protectant not only deep moisturizes your hair, it also leaves it super silky, and shiny. I've also noticed after using this product for over a month now that my hair looks, and feels so much more healthier then before I started using this shine shield. You can purchase just the shine shield here.
Now for the flat iron. I never really thought that a flat iron could be good for your hair. I mean its heat. Heat isn't ever good for your hair. Right? Although, I understand that heat will never be great for your hair. Their are many flat irons that actually are a lot better for your hair then most of us think. After using a less inexpensive flat iron for years, and using the Hana Flat Iron it really surprised me how great my hair started looking just after one use.
Product Description: Dedicated to high ceramic content and top of the line components, Hana's pursuit of high tech styling without hype led to the Hana Professional Flat Iron - Advanced Fusion Molding delivers glass-smooth ceramic-tourmaline plates while acccelerated negative ion output repairs hair follicles, sealing in natural oils for a conditioned, sleek, salon shine that lasts all day.
- Advanced Tourmaline Ceramic Plates for Accelerated Ion Generation and Maximum Frizz-Free, Conditioning Shine
- Ceramic is naturally hygienic, protects color & retards fading
- Floating 1.5” Plates Auto-Adjust To Glide Over Any Hair Texture
- Wider plates are perfect for longer, thicker or hard to style hair types
- Curved Plate Edges For Versatile Styling - Curl, Flip or Straighten!
- Adjustable Temperature Dial - 5 Settings from 140-450° F for All Hair Types
- Flash Heats in Seconds with Instant Compensation for Heat Loss
- Ergonomic Handle Design with No-Slip Grip
- Smooth Grooves Keep Hair Strands Separate and Snag-Free
- Tangle-Free Salon Quality Cord Swivels 360°; Convenient Hanging Loop
- Energy Efficient at 38 Watts
- Independent On/Off Switch
- Includes Luxe Heat Proof Storage Pouch, Heat Proof Silicone Mat, & Special Edition Tin Case
- Two Year Warranty
Overall I'm extremely pleased with the outcome of this straightener. I completely admire how great it makes my hair look, and feel. It heats up super quick, and it also has an adjustable temperature gage, and a indicator light to let you know when it has heated up to your desired temperature. I also don't find myself straightening the same piece over and over again with this flat iron therefore, theirs less heat on my hair which is very rewarding. I also do like the fact that you can use this flat iron wet, or dry which is a wonderful advantage from my other flat iron, so that if I don't really dry my hair all the way I can still straighten my hair without frying it to pieces. The only disadvantage may be is the price. You can pick up this Hana 1 1/5 inch flat iron right now for $129 which is 40% off there original price. However, included is a two year warranty so you have the reassurance that if anything happens to it they either fix, or replace it. There are a ton of different sizes, and brand of flat irons on the Misikko website if your interested in a new flat iron that is better for your hair I'll put the links below.
A list of the Top Flat irons with customer ratings
Hana salon website
CHI flat iron
Disclaimer: The product mentioned was sent to me for consideration. The opinions expressed in this post are all honest, and my own.